Saturday, June 26, 2010

Making It Big

Well for those of you that may not know, i have a new album coming out. Ill be selling it VERY soon. The camps i travel too will be some of the first to get this album titled "The Bubblegum Tree" in their hands. It will be my third in studio project.

With this project comes a lot questions:

What is my target audience?
What are the songs?
What are my goals with this CD?
How many CD's do i intend on selling?
the list goes on...

One the most intense questions however, is: "Jamie, are you going to 'make it big?'"
Without hesitation my immediate response is - "I have already made it big." My music is not on MTV... im not aired on the radio (yet...), and im not a part of the dove awards. I boldly say this because i first answered the question, "What des it mean to make it big." I would have to say making it big is a mindset. I have recently gone through a book in the Bible called Ecclesiastes. For those of you that arent familiar with this part of the Bible, or if your not fond of the Bible, this particular part is about how "meaningless" chasing certain things in life can be. Ecclesiastes speaks of vanity.

There are plenty of things money cant buy, and the ironic thing is, having money doesnt make you live longer... Now of course, with money one can afford top notch medication and hospitality, but i know plenty of less financially fortunate people that live well over 90 years. Money doesn't make people happy! When you die, your fame may grow for a certain period of time, and people may remember you, but no one can be so famous or so "big" that they live forever.

To bring focus back to my point I'll say this again, I have already made it big. I am a 22 year old male that is engaged to the most stunning woman on the planet, we have our first home to rent lined up, I am working and bringing in funds from several sources(PRAISE THE LORD), I have a relationship with Jesus, I am already making somewhat of a living on my music with future full-time opportunities lined up, and Im loving it! The reason i say "i have already made it big" is because I have the opportunity to share my life with people through my music. I have written a song for my mother, numerous songs for my future wife, and EACH one of those songs goes back in some way to my love for the Lord.

For those of you wondering: Will Jamie Harris make it big? Stop wondering. If my music's not big enough for you then you have missed the message I'm so strongly trying to deliver, so don't waste your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment